ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis homicide detectives hope surveillance cameras may help them find the people who shot a man to death in North St. Louis.
It happened around 2:40 p.m. Thursday afternoon in the 3600 block of Harris, just west of Fairgrounds Park.
Police say the victim 19-year-old, Jose Johnson, had been shot in the head and upper torso but managed to run a few blocks to Lexington, where he collapsed and died behind the Auto Zone.
Police are looking for two black males in a light grey 2002-2004 Buick Skylark. An initial investigation indicates the men may have fired up to 20 rounds at Johnson.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Kansas City Police to Begin Testing Body-Worn Cameras
- Man, Woman Hospitalized After Attack Near Their Home
- Man Gets 30 Years for Deadly St. Louis Bar Shooting
- Police Search for Vandals in Bebe Gun Spree
- Clergy Issues Demands Aimed At Stopping Police Shootings
- Roof Fire at Sweetie Pie’s Restaurant Deemed Suspicious