ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The St. Louis Cardinals announced today that they will activate infielder Mark Ellis from the 15-day disabled list prior to this evening’s game at Milwaukee. The team optioned infielder Pete Kozma to Memphis (AAA) following last night’s win over the Brewers.
Ellis began a 20-day injury rehabilitation assignment with Memphis on Sunday and went 1-for-3 while playing five innings at second base. Ellis, who was suffering from left knee patella tendinitis, began the season on the 15-day disabled list.
Ellis, 36, appeared in 12 games during spring training. He was signed by the Cardinals to a one-year free-agent contract on December 16, 2013. The right-handed hitting Ellis is a veteran of 11-plus seasons in the majors.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cardinals ‘Star Wars Night’ Tickets Go On Sale Friday
- Piscotty Reportedly Traded to Athletics
- Illini Win Big Against Longwood
- Miles Mikolas Talks Favorite Cuisine, Japanese Baseball, Family At Winter Meetings
- Major Changes To Cardinals 2018 Outfield
- Multiple Reports: Cardinals Acquire Marcell Ozuna From Miami