EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 2005 deaths of a pregnant woman and a 4-year-old child whose bodies were found years later in a cistern.
Fifty-year-old Kevin Reid was sentenced Tuesday in Madison County.
Reid was found guilty last month in the 2005 deaths of 19-year-old Anquiaette Parker and her 4-year-old cousin, Cermen Toney Jr.
Parker was pregnant and had been babysitting Toney when the two disappeared.
Authorities say Reid hid their bodies in a cistern near his home. A crew clearing brush in the area found the bodies in 2008.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Medication Schedules Could be Key to Managing Heart Disease
- Rick Ankiel Drank Vodka Before Starts to Tame Anxiety
- ATF Called in on Bogey Hills Fire Investigation
- Vandals Topple Over 100 Gravestones at Jewish Cemetery
- 17-Year-Old Killed in North St. Louis Shooting
- ATF Helps Investigate St. Charles Country Club Fire