EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 2005 deaths of a pregnant woman and a 4-year-old child whose bodies were found years later in a cistern.
Fifty-year-old Kevin Reid was sentenced Tuesday in Madison County.
Reid was found guilty last month in the 2005 deaths of 19-year-old Anquiaette Parker and her 4-year-old cousin, Cermen Toney Jr.
Parker was pregnant and had been babysitting Toney when the two disappeared.
Authorities say Reid hid their bodies in a cistern near his home. A crew clearing brush in the area found the bodies in 2008.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuations in South City
- EPA Finds Radiation in Westlake Landfill Runoff
- Second Wash.Ave Carjacking Suspect Killed in Washington Park
- Jury Reaches $46 Million Verdict Against Monsanto Over PCBs
- Missouri Senate Begins Scrutinizing Planned Parenthood Files
- Authorities May Close Parts of Missouri Rivers to Paddlers