EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 2005 deaths of a pregnant woman and a 4-year-old child whose bodies were found years later in a cistern.
Fifty-year-old Kevin Reid was sentenced Tuesday in Madison County.
Reid was found guilty last month in the 2005 deaths of 19-year-old Anquiaette Parker and her 4-year-old cousin, Cermen Toney Jr.
Parker was pregnant and had been babysitting Toney when the two disappeared.
Authorities say Reid hid their bodies in a cistern near his home. A crew clearing brush in the area found the bodies in 2008.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Lawmaker Asks Students to Rethink Going to Mizzou
- Husband, Wife and Security Store Owner Indicted for Camera Use
- Legislation to Combat Military Sexual Assaults and Retaliation
- No Firebreak Barrier Yet for Bridgeton Landfill
- Local Doctors Recommend Prescribing Fewer Opioids After Surgery
- Knock, Knock — Door-to-Door Prescription Collection Effort Underway