UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – An officer was involved in a shooting in University City Tuesday just before 4 p.m.
St. Louis County Officer Brian Schellman tells KMOX News it happened during an undercover drug operation in the 6800 block of Corbitt in University City.
He says officers were attempting to make an arrest. One officer feared for his safety and fired multiple shots at a suspect. That suspect was hit multiple times but all wounds were non life threatening.
The suspect was hospitalized but has since been released to police custody.
No officers were hurt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Local DEA Pushes Bill for Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Knock, Knock — Door-to-Door Prescription Collection Effort Underway
- Mother Charged with Murder in Death of 7-Year-Old Daughter
- Ex-Policeman Accused of Assaulting Missouri Clerk
- Majority of STL Murders Unsolved, Guns Used in All But 4
- Car Slams Into Hazelwood Steak ‘N Shake, 3 Injured