Officer Involved in Shooting in University City
UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOX) - An officer was involved in a shooting in University City Tuesday just before 4 p.m.
St. Louis County Officer Brian Schellman tells KMOX News it happened during an undercover drug operation in the 6800 block of Corbitt in University City.
He says officers were attempting to make an arrest. One officer feared for his safety and fired multiple shots at a suspect. That suspect was hit multiple times but all wounds were non life threatening.
The suspect was hospitalized but has since been released to police custody.
No officers were hurt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- UPDATED: Nine Reported Dead After Murder-Suicide in South-Central Mo.
- Police Looking for Stolen Car Involved in Half-Dozen Chases
- Anti-Defamation League Sounds Warning About White Supremacists in Mo. Prisons
- Two Charged in Multiple Bank Robberies
- More Than 400 Pounds of Marijuana Chocolate Seized
- Normandy Man to be Executed for Murdering Ex-Wife’s Boyfriend