Officer Involved in Shooting in University City
UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOX) – An officer was involved in a shooting in University City Tuesday just before 4 p.m.
St. Louis County Officer Brian Schellman tells KMOX News it happened during an undercover drug operation in the 6800 block of Corbitt in University City.
He says officers were attempting to make an arrest. One officer feared for his safety and fired multiple shots at a suspect. That suspect was hit multiple times but all wounds were non life threatening.
The suspect was hospitalized but has since been released to police custody.
No officers were hurt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- U.S Cases Where Kids Are Accused of Killing Kids
- Two St. Peters Confinement Officers Assaulted by Suspect
- 3 Accused of Bid to Steal Trailer Loaded with Toilet Paper
- St. Louis County Unveils Online Interactive Budget to Public
- Man Accused of Using $476K in Employer’s Funds for Strippers
- UMSL Criminologist: Half of STL Murders Concentrated In North City