Sen. McCaskill Hosting Technology Q&A at CORTEX
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - The city’s growing reputation as a tech hub will be back in the spotlight today.
U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill is planning a mid-afternoon stop at CORTEX, the sprawling 200-acre tech incubator located in the Central West End and Forest Park Southeast neighborhoods.
CORTEX—now more than a decade old—was formed by BJC Healthcare, the Missouri Botanical Garden and several local universities to act as an incubator for corporate research and claims to have created $350 million worth of investments and 2500 high-paying tech jobs.
McCaskill will be there at 2:30 p.m. to host a question-and-answer session with those in the technology sector to learn more about the opportunities—and challenges—that lay ahead.
They’ll also discuss how to further advance the region’s status as an “epicenter of technology and innovation”, and how that can lead to more jobs for Missourians.
McCaskill’s visit will come at the tail end of an online webinar hosted by CORTEX that begins at 1 p.m. The webinar will focus on legal issues currently impacting not-for-profit agencies.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCulloch: Confident Grand Jury will Arrive at ‘True and Just Decision’
- Parachutist Rescued from Radio-T.V. Tower in South County
- Chevy Colorado Gets World Series Boost
- Gov. Nixon Announces Summer Jobs Plan in Wellston
- Three Killed in Ill. Train Collision Before Halloween Parade
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement