School Employee Charged with Statutory Rape
CARTHAGE, Mo. (AP) - Investigators allege a former southwest Missouri teacher’s aide who is charged with one count of statutory rape had sexual contact with several students.
Forty-year-old Janice Lorene Rusk, of rural Carthage, was charged Tuesday with second-degree statutory rape and statutory sodomy involving a 16-year-old male student. She was a teacher’s aide for special education students at Jasper High School. The district says she no longer works there.
Court records quote a Jasper County detective writing that he was called by state social services in March about incidents of sexual contact between Rusk and “several juvenile males.”
The Carthage Press reports a phone number listed for Rusk was disconnected Tuesday. Online court records don’t indicate if she has an attorney.
Rusk bonded out of jail Tuesday on $5,000 bond.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Bank Robbery in Edwardsville
- STL Police Search for Suspects Who Stole From Woman in Car
- Few Details After Two St. Louis Shootings
- Jefferson County Police Dogs Get Protective Vests
- St. Louis Police Ask State Troopers to Help Walk the Beat Downtown
- Missouri Kidnapping Suspect Arrested in Kentucky