CARTHAGE, Mo. (AP) – Investigators allege a former southwest Missouri teacher’s aide who is charged with one count of statutory rape had sexual contact with several students.
Forty-year-old Janice Lorene Rusk, of rural Carthage, was charged Tuesday with second-degree statutory rape and statutory sodomy involving a 16-year-old male student. She was a teacher’s aide for special education students at Jasper High School. The district says she no longer works there.
Court records quote a Jasper County detective writing that he was called by state social services in March about incidents of sexual contact between Rusk and “several juvenile males.”
The Carthage Press reports a phone number listed for Rusk was disconnected Tuesday. Online court records don’t indicate if she has an attorney.
Rusk bonded out of jail Tuesday on $5,000 bond.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- County Police Officer Shot in Castle Point
- Suspected Heroin Supplier’s Plea Agreement Nixed
- Death Penalty Possible in St. Louis County Officer’s Killing
- Police: Stranger Chokes Baby at Kansas City-Area Walmart
- Forster Pleads Not Guilty in Fatal Shooting of Officer
- Humane Society Rescues Starving Horses, Mules in Sullivan Co.