ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More than two centuries after their famous journey West, Lewis & Clark are on the move again.
The bronze statue officially known as “The Captains’ Return” is being moved from its current location beneath Eads Bridge later today.
The likeness of the famous explorers and their dog has spent a lot of time under water since it was dedicated eight years ago, and the elements have already started taking their toll.
So the statue will be cleaned up and then placed somewhere a little dryer—that final location has yet to be determined.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Blues Activate Forward Jori Lehtera From Injured Reserve
- Wainwright, Molina Named Finalists For NL Gold Glove Awards
- Missouri Lottery Seeking $1 Million Winner
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: Dave Robben, Oakville Soccer
- County Clerks Prep for Presidential Election
- Mistrial for Men Accused of Beating NASCAR’s Mike Wallace