Police Arrest Suspect In Kansas City Highway Shootings
GRANDVIEW, Mo. (AP) - Police have arrested a male suspect in a string of random Kansas City-area highway shootings that have wounded three people.
Kansas City, Mo., police Chief Darryl Forte declined to identify the suspect during a Thursday night news conference near the suspect’s home in Grandview. He says he will discuss the case in further detail at another news conference Friday.
Police are searching the suspect’s single-story home and a green Dodge Neon with Illinois license plates that was behind it has been towed away.
Police said last week that they had connected 12 shootings since early March in which vehicles were targeted on Kansas City-area highways and roads.
Most of the reported shootings were in the southern part of Kansas City, Mo., known as the Grandview Triangle where several highways intersect.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Michael Brown’s Parents Announce Civil Lawsuit
- Mobile Meth Lab Busted in Overland
- Ferguson Protesters Return to Police Headquarters
- Woman Attacked Two Blocks Away from University City PD
- Federal Probe into SLMPD – Are St. Louis Officers Working for Drug Dealers?
- St. Louis County Officials Prepare for DOJ’s Ferguson Report