ST. LOUIS (AP) – A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Accused of Threatening Jewish Centers Appears in Court
- Metro-East Home Recently Targeted in Drive-By Catches Fire
- Man Shot By Security Guard in Ferguson
- Crime Update: Several Shootings in 24 Hours
- Woman Shot Outside Ladue Schnucks; Man Sought by Police Found Dead
- Grandparents Ask To Be Guardians of 7 Illinois Siblings