ST. LOUIS (AP) – A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Carjacking Suspect Arrested
- Belmar on MetroLink Allegations: It’s All Political
- Police: Man Killed in Shootout Had Threatened to Kill Relative, Co-Workers
- Florissant City Employee Accused of Taking Photos Up Skirts, Stealing Underwear
- VIDEO: ‘Hero’ Citizen Attacks Knife-Wielding Robber at Starbucks
- Police: Suspect Dead After I-55 Carjacking, Pursuit, Standoff