VA Hospital Nurse Accused of Stealing Pain Meds
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Illinois Man Gets 11 Years for Burning 1-Year-Old
- Ferguson Police and Protestors Standoff Wednesday Night
- Nebraska School Board Votes to Allow Guns in Yearbook Photos
- Fired Milwaukee Police Officer Claims Debilitating Mental Health Issues Due to Ferguson
- Expert: Autopsy Doesn’t Show if Michael Brown Went for Officer’s Gun
- Cops Catch World Series Counterfeiters