VA Hospital Nurse Accused of Stealing Pain Meds
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- UPDATE: Man Charged in Death of 6-Year-Old Boy
- Attorney: Police ‘Spoon-Fed’ Suspect With Information About Armed Robbery
- Illinois Women Charged with Cooking Meth in Church
- UPDATE: Amber Alert for Missing Three Year Old Canceled
- New State Police Crime Lab Up and Running in Belleville
- Police: Man Robs Walgreens Dressed as a Woman