ST. LOUIS (AP) – A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Robbery at Regions Bank in Belleville
- Charges Filed Against 2 Men Accused of Shooting at Officers
- Woman Sentenced for Posting Teen’s Nude Photos on Facebook
- $1M Bond Set for Former St. Louis Officer Accused of Murder
- Would-Be Carjacking Turned Shooting in Downtown St. Louis
- St. Louis Prescription Drug Database Signed Into Law