VA Hospital Nurse Accused of Stealing Pain Meds
ST. LOUIS (AP) – A nurse at the Veterans Administration hospital in St. Louis is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing pain medication from the hospital and from patients.
Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced the indictment of 59-year-old Richard Goldman of Chesterfield, Mo. He is accused of one count of health care fraud and two counts of aggravated identity theft.
Authorities say Goldman used the name and patient information for two patients at the John Cochran Medical Center. Goldman does not yet have a listed attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Saturday Night Shooting Leaves Man In Critical Condition
- Charges Filed Against Two Men in Sexual Attack of a Child
- Nixon Commutes Kimber Edwards’ Sentence to Life Without Parole
- 19-Year-Old Dies in North St. Louis Shooting
- St. Louis County Police Urged to Strengthen Protest Planning
- Senators Seek Prison Time Reduction For Some Offenders