ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – For now, the old Forest Park Hospital at Hampton and I-64 is going to be replaced by a large parking lot for Zoo patrons.
“As can be expected, traffic and parking is still a concern for the neighborhood and has been for some time, so the Zoo will continue to consider that,” says SWT Design Principal Bonnie Ray.
Ray says that they are in the process of hiring traffic experts to see how the parking lot functions. She adds that there will be free parking and shuttles this year to get patrons back and forth, but most likely on peak weekends only.
Demolition of the old hospital should be done by July, with the parking lot and landscaping done by the end of the year.
She also says that we’ll hear about longer-term plans sometime next year.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Effort to Stop Right to Work Dealt Blow in Missouri Court
- 1.4M Illinois Job Seekers May Have Had Personal Data Hacked
- Advocates Seek Better Awareness of Safe Haven Baby Laws
- New York Women Arrested in Missouri Cigarette Scheme
- Police: Beaten Man Arrives at Hospital with Mouth Glued Shut
- Police: Suspect in Custody in Connection with Deadly MetroLink Shooting