Pepsi Franchise to Open Center in Cape Girardeau
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) – A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
The Missouri Department of Economic Development said Friday that Pepsi MidAmerica would complete the $3.1 million project. The state is offering incentives of up to $1.3 million through community development block grants and the enhanced enterprise zone program.
Pepsi MidAmerica was founded in Marion, Ill., in 1935, and is the country’s largest privately held Pepsi franchise. The company serves southern Illinois, southern Missouri, western Kentucky, northwest Tennessee and a small portion of northeastern Arkansas. It currently has customer service centers in other southern Missouri cities but not Cape Girardeau.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Illinois State Police Ask for Public’s Help in Finding East St. Louis Murder Suspects
- TriWest Healthcare Plans to Hire 500 People in Kansas City
- Illinois Courtrooms Facing Shortage of Court Reporters
- Woman Accused in Antifreeze Deaths Wants Statements Tossed
- Cierpiot Elected by Peers to Missouri House Majority Leader
- Woman Sues Credit Reporting Firms for Declaring Her Dead