Pepsi Franchise to Open Center in Cape Girardeau
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) – A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
The Missouri Department of Economic Development said Friday that Pepsi MidAmerica would complete the $3.1 million project. The state is offering incentives of up to $1.3 million through community development block grants and the enhanced enterprise zone program.
Pepsi MidAmerica was founded in Marion, Ill., in 1935, and is the country’s largest privately held Pepsi franchise. The company serves southern Illinois, southern Missouri, western Kentucky, northwest Tennessee and a small portion of northeastern Arkansas. It currently has customer service centers in other southern Missouri cities but not Cape Girardeau.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Levees on All Major St. Louis Area Rivers Near Capacity
- IKEA St. Louis to Open Wednesday, Sept. 30
- 65,000 Ill. Employees Might Miss a Payday Wednesday
- Only Lightning or Bullets Will Bring Down the Billboard Protestor
- Lambert Airport Launches Three New Non-Stop Flights
- UPDATE: $5,000 Reward in Shiloh Murder Case