Pepsi Franchise to Open Center in Cape Girardeau
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) - A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
The Missouri Department of Economic Development said Friday that Pepsi MidAmerica would complete the $3.1 million project. The state is offering incentives of up to $1.3 million through community development block grants and the enhanced enterprise zone program.
Pepsi MidAmerica was founded in Marion, Ill., in 1935, and is the country’s largest privately held Pepsi franchise. The company serves southern Illinois, southern Missouri, western Kentucky, northwest Tennessee and a small portion of northeastern Arkansas. It currently has customer service centers in other southern Missouri cities but not Cape Girardeau.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- City Hall to Stan Span Homeless Residents: Pack Up and Leave
- Two More Cases of Deadly Deer Disease Reported in Mo.
- WATCH: Mickey’s Shop & Gas Station Looting Surveillance Footage
- Shooting Inside St. Charles Chuck E. Cheese’s
- Gunman on Probation Charged in Sunday’s Shotgun Scare
- Missouri Audit: $376K Spent Flying Commissioners to Meetings