Pepsi Franchise to Open Center in Cape Girardeau
Get Breaking News First
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) - A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
The Missouri Department of Economic Development said Friday that Pepsi MidAmerica would complete the $3.1 million project. The state is offering incentives of up to $1.3 million through community development block grants and the enhanced enterprise zone program.
Pepsi MidAmerica was founded in Marion, Ill., in 1935, and is the country’s largest privately held Pepsi franchise. The company serves southern Illinois, southern Missouri, western Kentucky, northwest Tennessee and a small portion of northeastern Arkansas. It currently has customer service centers in other southern Missouri cities but not Cape Girardeau.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Mailer Compares Neighbor’s Voting Track Record
- Zombie Apocalypse Teaches Missouri S&T Students
- Rev. Al Sharpton to Arrive in Ferguson for Weekend of Events
- Plane Crashes at Kansas Airport, at Least 4 Dead
- State Road Funding Situation Growing More Dire