CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) – A Pepsi franchise is planning to build a new customer service center in Cape Girardeau that could create 74 jobs.
The Missouri Department of Economic Development said Friday that Pepsi MidAmerica would complete the $3.1 million project. The state is offering incentives of up to $1.3 million through community development block grants and the enhanced enterprise zone program.
Pepsi MidAmerica was founded in Marion, Ill., in 1935, and is the country’s largest privately held Pepsi franchise. The company serves southern Illinois, southern Missouri, western Kentucky, northwest Tennessee and a small portion of northeastern Arkansas. It currently has customer service centers in other southern Missouri cities but not Cape Girardeau.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Woman Struck by Tractor-Trailer on I-55 Near St. Louis
- Body Found Saturday Identified as Missing Kayaker
- Cats and Coffee: Mauhaus Cat Café Establishes Unique Experience in STL
- What Do Campaigns Know About You? A Lot.
- Hastert Wants Victim’s Suit Over Unpaid Hush Money Tossed
- OSHA: Heat Blamed in Landscaper’s Death in Poplar Bluff