Police Investigating Suspicious Activity Reported by Student
Get Breaking News First
WEBSTER GROVES, Mo. (KMOX) - The Webster Groves School District says one of its sixth-grade students reported some suspicious activity from some men in a van.
It happened as the boy was walking to the Steger Sixth Grade Center.
District Spokespeson Kathy Vespereny says a van with three men who were strangers to the boy pulled up alongside him.
“He said that they opened the panel on the van and told him to get in,” she says. “The student then ran to a car where a parent of a friend was.”
Rock Hill police are investigating. The boy told authorities the van was white and inside were three white men, 30 to 40 years old.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Groups Meeting Tonight to Plan Future Peaceful Protests
- How Much Will Police Response in Ferguson Cost Taxpayers?
- Several Outcomes Possible From Grand Jury, DOJ Investigations in Michael Brown Case
- Report: Illinois Has Lower Teen Birth Rate Than Missouri
- Political Scientist: Alderman Antonio French is ‘Strong Advocate’ for People of Ferguson
- Ferguson-Florissant Teachers to Receive Crisis Management Training Today