Police Investigating Suspicious Activity Reported by Student
WEBSTER GROVES, Mo. (KMOX) - The Webster Groves School District says one of its sixth-grade students reported some suspicious activity from some men in a van.
It happened as the boy was walking to the Steger Sixth Grade Center.
District Spokespeson Kathy Vespereny says a van with three men who were strangers to the boy pulled up alongside him.
“He said that they opened the panel on the van and told him to get in,” she says. “The student then ran to a car where a parent of a friend was.”
Rock Hill police are investigating. The boy told authorities the van was white and inside were three white men, 30 to 40 years old.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Source: Federal Report Finds Racial Bias in City of Ferguson
- Danforth Eulogy Calls Out Campaign Attacks During Schweich’s Funeral
- State Officials, Missourians Show Support for Fort Leonard Wood
- Milwaukee Sheriff: ‘Race-Obsessed’ Holder Looks to ‘Put Ferguson on His Mantle’
- Midday Check on St. Louis Municipal Primary Shows Few Problems
- U.S. Considers Banning Type of Popular Rifle Ammunition