SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KMOX) – It turns out the Robertson clan won’t be bringing their “Duck Dynasty” to Missouri.
JTK Productions announced on April 17 that it would be cancelling the “Faith, Family & Ducks” show at the 11,000-seat JQH Arena in Springfield, Mo. due to “unforeseen circumstances.”
But according to local media reports, the real reason is low ticket sales.
The April 27 show was announced in mid-March, and tickets were on sale for $37, $50 and $58. Fans could enjoy live music and lectures from the “Dynasty” cast members, including Willie, Korie, Miss Kay and uncle Si.
News From Our Music Stations
The newest season of the family’s A&E reality show saw an almost 30 percent dip in ratings a month after the family’s patriarch, Phil Robertson, was slammed for his racist and homophobic remarks in a January 2014 interview with GQ.
Robertson was briefly suspended by A&E before returning to the show.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- 13-Year-Old Girl Pleads Guilty to Shooting STL County Couple
- Trump Tweet on Air Force One Boeing Construction: ‘Cancel Order!’
- Missouri’s Delta Upsilon Suspended For At Least 2 Years
- Rock-Loving Orangutan Causes $220K Damage at St. Louis Zoo
- Edmundson Activated, Bortuzzo Placed on Injured Reserve
- Wash U Researchers Creating Powdered Artificial Blood Cells