ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – An accidental shooting in North County has sent a 3-year-old boy to the hospital.
Police say it happened during the noon hour Sunday when the 3-year-old was shot in the arm by his 4-year-old brother.
The injuries are not believed to be serious.
Officers say they’ve recovered the gun and are questioning the boys’ 27-year-old father to find out how the 4-year-old got the gun. Formal charges have not been filed.
The shooting took place in the 9700 block of Lorna Lane in unincorporated north St. Louis County.
UPDATE [9:09 a.m.]: The 3-year-old was taken to a hospital with what was described as a graze wound and is expected to recover.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Call the Fashion Police: ‘Jorts-Wearing Bandit’ Hits St. Louis
- Search Continues for Carjacking Suspects
- Local Reverend Calls Charlottesville a Battle
- Illinois Officials Share Thoughts on Charlottesville Riots
- Domestic Dispute, BBQ Stand Robbery Behind Weekend Killings
- Trump Condemns KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists As ‘Criminals’