ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – “Wakey, wakey Backes.”
That’s the now-infamous jab heard from a Chicago Blackhawks player after Blues captain David Backes was struck with a booming hit by defenseman Brent Seabrook in Saturday’s game at the Scottrade Center.
And now, the taunt is splayed across a T-shirt for sale on trendingt-shirts.com.
Many say the comment, caught in a YouTube video, sounds like Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith. Keith said today that he couldn’t quite recall whether or not he said, “Wakey, wakey,” to Backes after the hit.
Seabrook was suspended three games for the hit. Backes had to leave Saturday’s game, and KMOX Sports has confirmed that he will not be playing in tonight’s game.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Reports: Transgender Woman to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch at Cardinals ‘Pride Night’
- 17-Year-Old Cancer Survivor’s 1st Pitch Goes Where No Ball Should Ever Go
- Ready To Play: Lions DB Alex Carter Discusses The Importance Of Clean Eating
- Cardinals Can’t Close The Deal At Fenway
- STL Feral Cat Outreach: ‘Thousands of Inquiries’ About Adopting Rally Cat
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Jinder Mahal