ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – “Wakey, wakey Backes.”
That’s the now-infamous jab heard from a Chicago Blackhawks player after Blues captain David Backes was struck with a booming hit by defenseman Brent Seabrook in Saturday’s game at the Scottrade Center.
And now, the taunt is splayed across a T-shirt for sale on trendingt-shirts.com.
Many say the comment, caught in a YouTube video, sounds like Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith. Keith said today that he couldn’t quite recall whether or not he said, “Wakey, wakey,” to Backes after the hit.
Seabrook was suspended three games for the hit. Backes had to leave Saturday’s game, and KMOX Sports has confirmed that he will not be playing in tonight’s game.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mark McGwire, Tim McCarver, Pepper Martin Elected into Cardinals Hall of Fame
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: Lou Fusz’s Expansion in Old Rams’ Facility
- Keidel: 2017 NFL Draft First-Round Winners And Losers
- Blues Must Respond at Home to Even 2nd-Round Series
- Titans Take Belleville Native in NFL Draft’s First Round
- Dolphins Draft Mizzou’s Charles Harris