ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – “Wakey, wakey Backes.”
That’s the now-infamous jab heard from a Chicago Blackhawks player after Blues captain David Backes was struck with a booming hit by defenseman Brent Seabrook in Saturday’s game at the Scottrade Center.
And now, the taunt is splayed across a T-shirt for sale on trendingt-shirts.com.
Many say the comment, caught in a YouTube video, sounds like Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith. Keith said today that he couldn’t quite recall whether or not he said, “Wakey, wakey,” to Backes after the hit.
Seabrook was suspended three games for the hit. Backes had to leave Saturday’s game, and KMOX Sports has confirmed that he will not be playing in tonight’s game.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Chiefs Need To Crank Up Run Defense
- Cards Frustrated By 2-1 Loss
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- Diaz ‘Choked Up Just A Little Bit’ When Fan Who Caught Grand Slam Offered Condolences For Jose Fernandez
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation