Republican US Sen. Blunt Speaks to Mo. House
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Sinquefield Gifts to Hanaway Governor Bid at $900K
- Board Votes to Shut Down New Life Evangelistic Center
- Toby Keith To Headline Rauner Inaugural Concert
- Fake Signatures Suspected in Early Voting Measure
- ACLU Asks Court to Halt Punishment of Student Who Participated in Silent Protest
- POLL: Police Killings of Unarmed Blacks Top Story of 2014