JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Ethical Society of Police Says There’s a Problem With Chief Dotson
- Family Members Accept Yogi Berra’s Medal Of Freedom
- Minority Police Group to Declare ‘No Confidence’ in Chief Dotson
- Durbin Wants Rauner to Meet The Refugees
- Report: Missouri’s Unemployment Rate Drops Slightly
- More Parolees Released in Ill. with Far Less Funding for Programs