JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- WATCH: Ken Bone Uses 15th Minute to Encourage Voting
- STL Native Cardinal Timothy Dolan Separates Bickering Presidential Candidates
- Blunt: “Of Course” I’ll Accept Election Results
- Trump Refuses To Say He Will Accept Election Results
- Poll: ‘Greitens May Have Found a Message That Sticks’
- Two Illinois Senators Push For Ethics Legislation