JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Illinois Lawmakers Sue to Get Paid Despite State Budget Mess
- Stenger Calls EPA’s Work on West Lake Landfill a ‘National Disgrace’
- First Day of Increased Age Requirement to Buy Tobacco in County
- Chappelle-Nadal Offers $5,000 Challenge to STL Mayoral Candidates
- Lawsuits Challenge Abortion Restrictions in 3 States
- City Manager Lehman Walker Suspended in University City