Republican US Sen. Blunt Speaks to Mo. House
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt says there are no federal solutions to many problems confronting governments.
The Republican lawmaker spoke Tuesday to a session of the Missouri House in Jefferson City.
Blunt urged the legislators to resist when they’re told the federal government is best suited to address a problem unless they have been persuaded the issue is too big for state government alone.
Likewise, Blunt says legislators often should push back when told state government is better suited than local officials to tackle an issue.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Durbin Touts Railcar Safety Push
- SLPOA President: St. Louis Police are Hesitant from Lack of Support
- Hastert Indictment Offers Few Clues About Alleged Misconduct
- Thousands of Jobs Up for Grabs in Metro – Who Will Get Them?
- Ferguson Mayor Responds to Protesters’ ‘Tone Deaf’ Comments
- Mo. Lawmaker’s Pharmacist License on Probation