Whitaker Faces Conflict of Interest Questions
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A woman appointed to the St. Louis Zoo Museum District Board by County Executive Charlie Dooley is facing questions about a possible conflict of interest.
Pat Whitaker is coming under fire from fellow ZMD Board Member Charlie Valier. Valier says it doesn’t look right that the Science Center is considering a $100,000 design contract with Whitaker’s architetural design firm Arcturis, because she votes on tax funding for the Science Center.
“Her firm is apparently going to be awarded a contract to do work at the Science Center, which is a subdistrict of us,” he says. “Under Section 105 of the Missouri Statutes, that’s a conflict.”
Whitaker told the ZMD board that she would refrain from discussing the matter or voting to avoid any conflict of interest.
UPDATE [4:05 p.m.]: Patricia Whitaker has resigned from the Zoo Museum District Board.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Fairmount Race Track Closed
- St. Louis County Sidelined in Deal for New NFL Stadium
- Victim Revived After Reported Heroin Overdose in St. Peters
- Missouri Lawmakers Pass Bill to Boost Agriculture Industry
- Police: Spence Jackson Wrote ‘Can’t Take Being Unemployed Again’
- Man Accused in Ferguson Police Shooting Denied Lower Bond