Dr. Dwaun Warmack Named New Harris Stowe President
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - After a national search, Harris Stowe State University has a new leader.
Dr. Dwaun Warmack comes to Harris Stowe from Bethune-Cookman University in Florida, where he is Vice President of Student Affairs.
Warmack will come to a university where last August, the former president Albert Walker stepped down after two years.
Before that, the university was led by Henry Givens for 32 years.
Chair of the Board of Regents Thelma Cook says Warmack’s long range vision is just what the university needs at this time.
As KMOX has reported, Harris Stowe is working to increase both enrollment and graduation rates. Dr. Warmack’s appointment is effective July 1.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McKinley CJA Named in Top 50 Middle Schools in U.S.
- Laumeier Sculpture Park Completes $200,000 Conservation Project
- Man Charged in Illinois Gun Theft Tied to Ferguson
- Illinois Jobless Rate Falls to 6.4 Percent
- GOP: Rauner Should Appoint Next Comptroller
- Koster Sues 13 STL County Municipalities for Macks Creek Law Violations