ST. LOUIS (AP) – A memorial service for former Washington University economist Murray Weidenbaum is set for Saturday afternoon at Graham Chapel on the Danforth Campus in St. Louis.
Weidenbaum died March 20 at the age of 87.
In addition to his academic career, Weidenbaum advised five U.S. presidents. He was the first chairman of President Ronald Reagan’s Council of Economic Advisers and played a pivotal role in shaping the deregulation-driven philosophy that became known as “Reaganomics.”
The memorial is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. A reception at Holmes Lounge in Ridley Hall will follow the service.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St Peters Bank Robber Arrested
- Man Shot in Head on Labadie
- Free Youth Fishing Clinics In Illinois
- Robbery at Regions Bank in Belleville
- Suspects Charged in Berkeley Homicide
- Double Shooting Near Fairground Park