#Throwback Thursday: Barbra Streisand’s and Shirley MacLaine’s Birthdays
Get Breaking News First
(KMOX) - Several entertainers, including two iconic triple threat women, were born today.
Singer, songwriter, actress, director and activist Barbra Streisand was born on April 24, 1942. She is an 8-time Grammy winner, and the only performer to have No. 1 albums in five consecutive decades. She has won the Oscar, Tony, Emmy, and Golden Globe awards.
Another woman who wears many hats—dancer, singer, actress, author and time-traveler Shirley MacLaine—was born on this day in 1934.
Her breakout role as an actress came in 1954 in The Pajama Game. Many remember her role in Steel Magnolias, Postcards From the Edge and Terms of Endearment, which earned her an Oscar.
And because he’s a hometown boy, today is also Cedric the Entertainer’s birthday. He was born in 1964.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE THROWBACK THURSDAY POSTS:
- #Throwback Thursday: Wild Bill’s Western Showdowns
- #Throwback Thursday: Bagnell Dam and the Lake of the Ozarks
- #Throwback Thursday: Hyatt Regency Walkway Collapse
- #Throwback Thursday: Arthur Ashe’s Birthday
- #Throwback Thursday: The First American Woman in Space
- #Throwback Thursday: Jeannette Rankin & the Miranda Rights