Fatal Crash in North St. Louis County
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A St. Louis man is dead after his car slammed into a MoDOT vehicle early this morning.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol identifies the victim as 30-year-old Lamont Purley.
He lost control of his 2001 Ford Mustang on southbound I-270, struck a median wall, and then crashed into the MoDOT street sweeper.
It happened at 12:30 a.m. Friday just south of St. Charles Rock Road.
Purley was dead at the scene. The driver of the sweeper was treated for minor injuries.
The interstate was closed for several hours as investigators worked the scene, but has now been re-opened.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Republicans Call for Ebola Travel Ban
- Expert: Autopsy Doesn’t Show If Michael Brown Went For Officer’s Gun
- Local Hospitals Now Have New, Tougher Ebola Care Guidelines
- Spot Will Cost You: Pet Rents Become Apartment Fad
- Four Unsolved Highway Shootings – One Fatal – Have Police on Guard
- County Council Unanimously Passes Resolution to Speed Up Coldwater Creek Cleanup