ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A St. Louis man is dead after his car slammed into a MoDOT vehicle early this morning.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol identifies the victim as 30-year-old Lamont Purley.
He lost control of his 2001 Ford Mustang on southbound I-270, struck a median wall, and then crashed into the MoDOT street sweeper.
It happened at 12:30 a.m. Friday just south of St. Charles Rock Road.
Purley was dead at the scene. The driver of the sweeper was treated for minor injuries.
The interstate was closed for several hours as investigators worked the scene, but has now been re-opened.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Removed Scott Air Force Base Commander Under Investigation for Sexual Misconduct
- Christmas Shopping Season Humming In Missouri – And Millennials Are Leading The Pack
- Missouri Ranks Low for Smoking Prevention
- ACLU Finds Ferguson-Florissant Violates Voting Rights Act
- Layoffs Begin at St. Louis Community College
- Research Finds Doctor’s Age Can Affect Patients