Labor Leader Indicted on Fraud Charges
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Anthony Davis, president of Mail Handlers Local 314, was indicted for his alleged embezzlement of approximately $40,660 of union funds.
Davis, 51, O’Fallon, Ill., was indicted by a federal grand jury on April 23, on one count of embezzlement of Labor Union funds. He appeared in federal court Monday afternoon, April 28th.
If convicted, this charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or fines up to $10,000. In determining the actual sentences, a Judge is required to consider the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, which provide recommended sentencing ranges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Sextortion, Cyber Crime Targeting Young Boys and Girls
- VIDEO: Police Release Video of Armed Robbery Suspect
- Eastern Missouri Man Accused in Second Fatal Wreck in a Year
- Latest St. Louis Crime Stats Show Homicides Up
- Nursing Home Employee Charged with Attempted Rape of Co-Worker
- Pedestrian in Hit-and-Run Accident, Dies