Labor Leader Indicted on Fraud Charges
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Anthony Davis, president of Mail Handlers Local 314, was indicted for his alleged embezzlement of approximately $40,660 of union funds.
Davis, 51, O’Fallon, Ill., was indicted by a federal grand jury on April 23, on one count of embezzlement of Labor Union funds. He appeared in federal court Monday afternoon, April 28th.
If convicted, this charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and/or fines up to $10,000. In determining the actual sentences, a Judge is required to consider the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, which provide recommended sentencing ranges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- UPDATED: Teen Says She Escaped From Kidnapper in Jennings
- Sheriff: Sex Offender Failed to Register New Job as Santa Claus
- Man Charged in Illinois Gun Theft Tied to Ferguson
- Mayor Outlines Plan to Hire More Police Officers
- Cars Stolen From V.A. Hospital Parking Lot