CHICAGO (AP) – A Chicago law office is releasing documents on 16 priests from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Joliet who are accused of sexually abusing children.
A statement from attorneys Jeff Anderson and Marc Pearlman says they’ll offer details at a Wednesday news conference.
Earlier this year, the Archdiocese of Chicago released some 6,000 pages of complaints, personnel documents and other files for about 30 priests. They show how the church often shielded priests and failed to report child sex abuse to authorities.
The Diocese of Joliet encompasses seven counties just to the west and southwest of Chicago. It serves nearly 655,000 parishioners, including 39,000 students at 68 schools and three universities.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 18-Year-Old Charged in Fatal Shooting of Cab Driver in CWE
- Police Search for Shrewsbury Hit-and-Run Driver
- Police To ‘The Hill’ Residents: ‘Stay Alert and Protect Yourself’
- ‘Contact 911’ Message on Package Leads to Arrest
- STL Man Arrested for Shooting Car Windows with BB Gun
- 8 People Indicted for Smash-and-Grab at Missouri Saks Store