ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The weather was perfect, but the roads couldn’t handle the loads for the Spirit of St. Louis Air Show over the weekend.
On Saturday, the lines were very long with officials suggesting that spectators for Sunday’s air show get an earlier start to even out the traffic. That seemed to shorten the lines, but Sunday’s crowd appeared to be about as big as Saturday’s.
The navy’s Blue Angels were the stars of the air show. The navy and marine pilots fly St. Louis-made F-18’s in precision formations.
The only incident on the air show grounds was a large American flag that worked its way loose from its moorings and began to fall. Fans and air show workers caught the flag before it touched the ground.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- De Smet Asst. Football Coach Killed in Weekend Shooting
- Trump Raises Possibility of Withdrawing Drug Czar Nominee
- 2 Face Felony Charges After Multiple Assault Rifles Found in Motel
- UPS Drivers Share Photos of Furry Route Visitors to Popular Facebook Page
- Teal Pumpkin Project Offers Safe Halloween Alternative
- Broccoli May Be Key To A Healthy Gut, Study Finds