ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The weather was perfect, but the roads couldn’t handle the loads for the Spirit of St. Louis Air Show over the weekend.
On Saturday, the lines were very long with officials suggesting that spectators for Sunday’s air show get an earlier start to even out the traffic. That seemed to shorten the lines, but Sunday’s crowd appeared to be about as big as Saturday’s.
The navy’s Blue Angels were the stars of the air show. The navy and marine pilots fly St. Louis-made F-18’s in precision formations.
The only incident on the air show grounds was a large American flag that worked its way loose from its moorings and began to fall. Fans and air show workers caught the flag before it touched the ground.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New Grizzly Bear Habitat Opens Next Month at Saint Louis Zoo
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’
- How The Secret Service Investigates Social Media Threats On The President
- Missouri State Senator Refuses to Apologize For Posting Her Hope That President Trump is Assassinated
- UPDATE: Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated’
- Transgender Woman to Throw Ceremonial First Pitch at Cardinals ‘Pride Night’