ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Two Town Halls Set on the American Bottom Watershed in the Metro East
- Poplar Bluff Police Searching for Van Used in Thefts
- Kander Brings Senate Campaign To Cherokee Street
- Granite City North HS Alums to Unveil Statue
- Firefighter’s Life in Danger at West County EMS and Fire
- Car Plows Into Homecoming Parade Audience