Missouri Senior Citizens Handbook is “One-Stop Shop” for Elderly Residents
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- VIDEO: Family Shares Chilling Footage Of Home After Joplin Tornado
- St. Louis Public Schools to Start Later Next Year
- Wentzville Police Arrest 10 Students for Senior Prank
- Alderman Pushes to Create Aldermanic Review Committee
- Board of Alderman Asks Voters for Property Tax Increase
- Illinois Moves to Downgrade Pot Possession to a Fine