ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- ‘Miracle On Ice’ Creates Most Chilling Moment in Sports Broadcasting, Film History
- State Reps. Propose Independent Investigations in Police Killings
- Arch Grants Executive Director Moves On
- Yahoo and Verizon Strike a Deal after Cyber Attacks
- Discussion Continues on New NGA Site
- Kentucky Coach Calipari Walks Away From Question About Mizzou Fans