Missouri Senior Citizens Handbook is “One-Stop Shop” for Elderly Residents
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Levees on All Major St. Louis Area Rivers Near Capacity
- IKEA St. Louis to Open Wednesday, Sept. 30
- 65,000 Ill. Employees Might Miss a Payday Wednesday
- Only Lightning or Bullets Will Bring Down the Billboard Protestor
- Lambert Airport Launches Three New Non-Stop Flights
- UPDATE: $5,000 Reward in Shiloh Murder Case