ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Senate Debates Repealing Death Penalty
- Missouri Taxi Companies Say Proposals Too Easy on Uber, Lyft
- St. Louis Police Arrest Two People for Separate Homicides
- Report: Police Program Helped Man who Prostituted Teen
- DOJ Agreement Could Cost Ferguson $3.7 Million in First Year
- St. Louis Murder Conviction Clouded After Discovery of Video