Missouri Senior Citizens Handbook is “One-Stop Shop” for Elderly Residents
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - May is “Older Americans Month”— the perfect time for the latest edition of Missouri’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
According to Jeannie Philips-Roth with Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, the 72-page guide is jam-packed with useful information.
“It covers areas of basic financial assistance,” she says. “This would include public benefits like the basics of Social Security and SSI, which is Supplemental Security Income, tax relief for the elderly, private pensions and age discrimination related to employment. It has effects on healthcare, which is very critical for people.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- FBI Investigates Missouri Officer’s Stun Gun Use
- Expert: St. Louis Area Seeing Major Comeback in Housing Industry
- Blunt, McCaskill, Slay, Nixon Discuss Ferguson
- Nearly 130 Students Sickened By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Illinois
- Michael Brown Supporters Plan to Pack St. Louis County Council Meeting
- Sewage Spills into North St. Louis County Creek