Pedestrian Killed While Trying to Retrieve His Dog
O’FALLON, Mo. (KMOX) - An investigation is underway into a fatal pedestrian accident.
O’Fallon police report the victim, 78-year-old Richard Kurtz, died at Highway N and Long Wheat Drive while trying to retrieve his dog who had ran away.
A passerby saw the dog and caught it.
Then, while Kurtz was walking across Highway N with the dog, they were both struck and killed by a vehicle traveling Eastbound on Highway N. The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
There is no word if charges will be issued against the driver.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Holder Urges Calm Ahead of Ferguson Decision
- Michael Brown Sr. Urges Peace in Online Video
- 140 Frozen Turkeys Stolen from Illinois Market
- Officials Make Plan to Fix Overcrowding at Franklin County Jail
- Trump: ‘They’re Going to Riot in Ferguson No Matter What’
- Safeguards in Place to Protect Identity of Jurors in Ferguson Case