O’FALLON, Mo. (KMOX) – An investigation is underway into a fatal pedestrian accident.
O’Fallon police report the victim, 78-year-old Richard Kurtz, died at Highway N and Long Wheat Drive while trying to retrieve his dog who had ran away.
A passerby saw the dog and caught it.
Then, while Kurtz was walking across Highway N with the dog, they were both struck and killed by a vehicle traveling Eastbound on Highway N. The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
There is no word if charges will be issued against the driver.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Firefighters Injured, Treated For Heat At Belleville Fire
- MoDOT to Close All Lanes WB I-44 Downtown This Weekend
- Judge OKs $11.2M Settlement for Hacked Ashley Madison Users
- Illinois County Board Committee Supports Tablets for Jail
- Activists Protest at St. Louis Medium Security Jail
- DFS, Mother Dispute Causes Standoff at Home on Page