Pedestrian Killed While Trying to Retrieve His Dog
Get Breaking News First
O’FALLON, Mo. (KMOX) - An investigation is underway into a fatal pedestrian accident.
O’Fallon police report the victim, 78-year-old Richard Kurtz, died at Highway N and Long Wheat Drive while trying to retrieve his dog who had ran away.
A passerby saw the dog and caught it.
Then, while Kurtz was walking across Highway N with the dog, they were both struck and killed by a vehicle traveling Eastbound on Highway N. The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
There is no word if charges will be issued against the driver.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri’s Right to Farm Initiative Brings Many Pros and Cons
- First Case of Chikungunya Reported in St. Louis; Not Contracted in Area
- County Executive Candidates About Even in Terms of Finances
- Ancient Mummy Mask to Stay at St. Louis Art Museum
- Mercedes Benz of St. Louis Moves From West County Into City
- 100 Start-Ups Now Working Inside T-REX Incubator