ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – It seems a little crazy.
Why would anyone want to go toward a tornado, instead of away from one?
Steve Green is a self described “tornado hunter.” In 2004, he spent $500,000 on an armored vehicle and drove right into a tornado.
Now, 10 years later, he’s going to try to walk into a twister.
His plan is to drive a 4×4 vehicle with a motorcycle attached out in front of the storm, jump on the bike, get in front of the winds, screw himself into the ground using corkscrews (think of what you’d tie a dog leash to) and hold on tight.
He’s doing this stunt for two reasons. The first is to bring attention to his energy plan. His other goal is to break a world record.
We’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Effort to Get Cannabis Oil to Missouri Residents Starts Slow
- Local Group to Distribute Safe Sex Kits at Area Bars
- Rams WR Bailey Has Surgery After Being Shot in Florida
- Rauner Pardons Man Found Innocent of 1999 Attack
- Students for Planned Parenthood Frustrated by Mizzou Leader
- Tips Sought In Domino’s Armed Robbery