$1M Raised for Local Charities on Give STL Day
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Mega Millions Jackpot Winner Sold in Missouri
- Mizzou Offers Online Incentive
- Night of Crime: Child Wounded, Squad Car Rammed, More
- Illinois State Police Ask for Public’s Help in Finding East St. Louis Murder Suspects
- TriWest Healthcare Plans to Hire 500 People in Kansas City
- Illinois Courtrooms Facing Shortage of Court Reporters