$1M Raised for Local Charities on Give STL Day
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Kiddie Porn Possession Lands Granite City Man In Prison Again
- Three Shootings in St. Louis
- Judge: Plane Crash Surviving Child Can Stay With Half-Sister
- Missouri Lawmakers Get Back to Work
- Tips Sought in Recent Ferguson Murder Case
- Shrewsbury Police Looking for Public’s Help