ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Tensions Continue Rising Over Illinois Education Funding
- Johnny’s Bar In Soulard Ready For One Last Big Bash This Weekend
- NAACP Moves Forward With Missouri Travel Advisory
- Parents File Hazing Lawsuit Against UM, Fraternity
- Mistrial Declared in St. Louis Fatal Shooting Case
- 100th Day in Office: Mayor Krewson on St. Louis Police, Chief Search