ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Greitens Eases Proposed Cuts to Home Care, School Busing
- Woman Stabbed at GM Plant in Wentzville; Suspect Sought
- Medical Marijuana Could be on the Mo. 2018 Ballot
- 13 People Face Charges in Hannibal Drug Conspiracy
- New Business District to Help Improve Edwardsville Shopping Center
- Update: Cardinals Mystery Bus Trip Was to an Escape Room