$1M Raised for Local Charities on Give STL Day
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Shroud of Turin Conference to be Held in Chesterfield Next Month
- Anheuser-Busch InBev St. Louis Headquarters Important Part of Company, Expert Says
- Nixon Announces SLPS Test Scores Up 18 Points
- Panel Discusses Potential Funding for Road Improvements
- Wentzville GM Assembly Plant Adding Third Shift, 750 Jobs
- Anheuser-Busch ‘Not Yet Satisfied’ With NFL Actions