$1M Raised for Local Charities on Give STL Day
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - More than $1 million was collected for local charities in just one day.
About 13,000 donors logged onto the website from midnight to midnight Tuesday, according to event co-organizer Amelia Bond.
She foresees this as an annual event.
“Non-profits struggle for operating dollars during the early part to mid part of the year,” she says. “Everything comes in at year’s end, typically, so this provides another revenue source at this time of year.”
Among groups receiving the most donations were Mission St. Louis, Rosati-Kain High School and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Lands 500 More Boeing Jobs
- Sports Open Line: Joe Sheehan, Jordan Schultz
- Judge Hears Testimony on Five-Second Rule
- POLL: Race for County Executive Seat is a Statistical Tie
- Rezoning of Charlestowne Crossing Approved by St. Charles City Council
- St. Louis School Secretary Pleads Guilty to Transporting Minor to Engage in Sexual Activity