BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – The Belleville woman who was in prison for trying to kill her newborn baby when she was charged with killing another newborn has been indicted on murder and homicide concealment charges.
The St. Clair County Grand Jury has ruled that there’s enough evidence to try Elyse Mamino in the death of an infant, whose decomposed body was found in a dresser drawer in the basement of the Belleville apartment where Mamino lived in 2007. The child had been wrapped in a towel and a plastic bag.
Mamino was serving six years for trying to drown her newborn baby in a toilet during a party in a Columbia, Ill. home in 2008, when a tip came in that allowed prosecutors to proceed with the charges.
Mamino is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Sunglasses Stolen in Chesterfield
- SNAP Ordered to Pay Legal Fees for Catholic Priest in Sexual Abuse Case
- Rauner Signs Bill to Punish Trafficking Guns into Illinois
- Woman Charged in Shooting of Man She Claimed Was Intruder
- Funeral Planned for Cancer Patient Who Was Fatally Beaten
- Belleville Standoff Ends Peacefully