BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – The Belleville woman who was in prison for trying to kill her newborn baby when she was charged with killing another newborn has been indicted on murder and homicide concealment charges.
The St. Clair County Grand Jury has ruled that there’s enough evidence to try Elyse Mamino in the death of an infant, whose decomposed body was found in a dresser drawer in the basement of the Belleville apartment where Mamino lived in 2007. The child had been wrapped in a towel and a plastic bag.
Mamino was serving six years for trying to drown her newborn baby in a toilet during a party in a Columbia, Ill. home in 2008, when a tip came in that allowed prosecutors to proceed with the charges.
Mamino is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Brothers Charged in Connection with Tuesday’s Fatal Shooting
- St. Louis Deputy Marshal Charged for Courthouse Shooting Threats
- Police: Hotel Security Guard Broke Into Room, Groped Woman
- UPDATE: Police Investigating 4 Thursday Homicides
- Auditor: Pine Lawn Pocketed Money From Traffic Fines Last Year
- Man Who Robbed Bank for Health Care Gets Lenient Sentence