Belleville Woman Indicted in Murder of Infant
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) - The Belleville woman who was in prison for trying to kill her newborn baby when she was charged with killing another newborn has been indicted on murder and homicide concealment charges.
The St. Clair County Grand Jury has ruled that there’s enough evidence to try Elyse Mamino in the death of an infant, whose decomposed body was found in a dresser drawer in the basement of the Belleville apartment where Mamino lived in 2007. The child had been wrapped in a towel and a plastic bag.
Mamino was serving six years for trying to drown her newborn baby in a toilet during a party in a Columbia, Ill. home in 2008, when a tip came in that allowed prosecutors to proceed with the charges.
Mamino is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Ferguson Residents Clean Up, Hope For Calm
- 2 FBI Agents And A Police Officer Shot; Suspect Dead
- Mass Murderer Claims State Should Have Known He Was Mentally Ill Before Releasing Him From Prison
- Thousands Raised for Ferguson Business Damaged by Looters
- Protesters Shut Down Streets in Downtown St. Louis, Storm City Hall
- Former Ferguson Mayor Calls for Resignation of Nixon