ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – The man accused of barricading himself in his St. Charles apartment and setting his room ablaze Sunday night has been identified.
St. Charles police say 26-year-old Joel C. Thompson Jr., of the 3600 block of Thyme Drive in St. Charles, is in custody and has been charged with first-degree arson.
He is being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
Thompson was taken into custody around 6:44 p.m. Sunday after stumbling outside his apartment, suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 6 in Critical Condition, 1 Dead After Shooting in North St. Louis
- New York Women Arrested in Missouri Cigarette Scheme
- Police: Beaten Man Arrives at Hospital with Mouth Glued Shut
- Police: Suspect in Custody in Connection with Deadly MetroLink Shooting
- MetroLink Says Turnstiles Are Too Expensive
- St. Louis Jury Finds Woman Guilty of Poisoning Son