ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – The man accused of barricading himself in his St. Charles apartment and setting his room ablaze Sunday night has been identified.
St. Charles police say 26-year-old Joel C. Thompson Jr., of the 3600 block of Thyme Drive in St. Charles, is in custody and has been charged with first-degree arson.
He is being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
Thompson was taken into custody around 6:44 p.m. Sunday after stumbling outside his apartment, suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Officer Flamion To Receive Wheelchair-Accessible Van
- 2 Shooting Victims in Critical Condition, After 4 Incidents Sunday
- Car Stolen With Child Inside; Police Release Surveillance Photos
- Car Rammed, Driver Shot on I-44 in St. Louis
- Charges Filed In Thursday’s Shooting Of St. Louis County Police Officer
- Arrest Made in Cates Murder Case