ST. CHARLES, Mo. (KMOX) – The man accused of barricading himself in his St. Charles apartment and setting his room ablaze Sunday night has been identified.
St. Charles police say 26-year-old Joel C. Thompson Jr., of the 3600 block of Thyme Drive in St. Charles, is in custody and has been charged with first-degree arson.
He is being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
Thompson was taken into custody around 6:44 p.m. Sunday after stumbling outside his apartment, suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Police reportedly found meth-making materials inside the apartment after the fire was put out.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Police Report No Major Mardi Gras Problems
- Ex Illinois Prosecutor’s Murder Trial Ends In Hung Jury
- Alton Man Accused of Killing 11-Year-Old in Drive-By Indicted
- Police: Facebook Helped Track Down Snake Thief
- Modern Day ‘Bonnie And Clyde’ Found; Man Dead
- St. Louis Co. Detectives Shot At During Investigation