GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – A motorcyclist was killed in a 2-vehicle accident around 6 a.m. today at the intersection of Missouri Avenue and Konzen Court.
Early investigation by the Granite City Police Department indicates a motorcycle was traveling South on Missouri Avenue and as it approached the intersection it stuck a tractor trailer that was turning left (North) onto Missouri Avenue.
The driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead. He is identified as Jeffrey Pride, 44, of South Roxana.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Slay to NFL: ‘I’m Moving On’
- SIUE a Step Ahead of Cancelled Illinois Education Funds
- Mo. Legislator Hopes Drug Registry Will Finally Pass
- Illinois Urges College Students to Apply for Financial Aid
- Construction on Revamped Kiener Plaza Begins
- Illinois Business Writer Says NGA Will Save Scott Air Force Base