GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – A motorcyclist was killed in a 2-vehicle accident around 6 a.m. today at the intersection of Missouri Avenue and Konzen Court.
Early investigation by the Granite City Police Department indicates a motorcycle was traveling South on Missouri Avenue and as it approached the intersection it stuck a tractor trailer that was turning left (North) onto Missouri Avenue.
The driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead. He is identified as Jeffrey Pride, 44, of South Roxana.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McDonald’s Robbers Enter, Escape Using Drive-Thru Window
- Seoul Taco Unveils New Truck With Monday Special
- National Blues Museum Reports Superb Opening Months
- Nixon Vows to Veto Sweeping Missouri Gun Rights Bill
- Click Appeals Denial of Missouri Unemployment Benefits
- St. Louis Police Chief and Union Fight Over Assault Rifles