GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – A motorcyclist was killed in a 2-vehicle accident around 6 a.m. today at the intersection of Missouri Avenue and Konzen Court.
Early investigation by the Granite City Police Department indicates a motorcycle was traveling South on Missouri Avenue and as it approached the intersection it stuck a tractor trailer that was turning left (North) onto Missouri Avenue.
The driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead. He is identified as Jeffrey Pride, 44, of South Roxana.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Senate Begins Scrutinizing Planned Parenthood Files
- Authorities May Close Parts of Missouri Rivers to Paddlers
- Missouri GOP Lawmakers, Kinder Slam Obama Bathroom Guidance
- KISS Frontmen to Open Rock & Brews Restaurant in Chesterfield
- Meramec Caverns to Stay Closed Through Holiday Weekend
- New Ferguson Police Chief Says It’s a ‘Sleepy Town’