Motorcyclist Killed in Granite City Accident
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – A motorcyclist was killed in a 2-vehicle accident around 6 a.m. today at the intersection of Missouri Avenue and Konzen Court.
Early investigation by the Granite City Police Department indicates a motorcycle was traveling South on Missouri Avenue and as it approached the intersection it stuck a tractor trailer that was turning left (North) onto Missouri Avenue.
The driver of the motorcycle was pronounced dead. He is identified as Jeffrey Pride, 44, of South Roxana.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Police SUV Flips in Accident
- Fake Signatures Suspected in Early Voting Measure
- ACLU Asks Court to Halt Punishment of Student Who Participated in Silent Protest
- Cold Pizza Leads to Argument, Shooting in St. Louis Area
- Municipal Court No-Shows Puzzle Court Administrators
- Former STL County Chief: Correlation Between Ferguson and Police Deaths