ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Are you fascinated by weather?
You might consider taking a “stormcation.”
PDS Storm Tours will take you on a hunt for tornadoes and severe storms.
Jodi Warren has been on one of the hunts, and she calls it one of the most amazing experiences she’s ever had.
“Just watching the actual storm form, watching it basically explode into a super-cell and then start rotating and turning into a tornado was just unbelievable,” Warren says.
The owner of PDS Storm Tours, Gene Robertson, says you stay a safe distance from danger.
“We take people out, we teach them the weather, how severe weather forms, how it interacts with other things and how it creates itself,” Robertson says.
He says he can’t guarantee you’ll see a tornado.
“Tornadoes only happen about 10 percent of every super-cell thunderstorm, so we try to make sure that we pick the right storm in the right conditions and the right atmospheric environment so that way they can witness Mother Nature at her best,” Robertson says.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Greitens Eases Proposed Cuts to Home Care, School Busing
- Woman Stabbed at GM Plant in Wentzville; Suspect Sought
- Medical Marijuana Could be on the Mo. 2018 Ballot
- 13 People Face Charges in Hannibal Drug Conspiracy
- New Business District to Help Improve Edwardsville Shopping Center
- Update: Cardinals Mystery Bus Trip Was to an Escape Room