ESPN Glitch Confuses Cardinals Fans
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The ESPN sports network set off some alarm bells around St. Louis yesterday.
KMOX got a number of phone calls from fans asking why we weren’t carrying the Cardinals ball game.
Turns out a glitch with the ESPN internet web site was showing linescores for the game two hours before it began.
At the time, there was no baseball on the ESPN cable channels we monitored—only lacrosse, billiards and bull-riding.
The Cardinals game in Pittsburgh began when it was supposed to begin, at 7:05 p.m. Sunday. And the Cardinals won, 6-5 in Pittsburgh.
The Redbirds return home tonight and play the Cubs at Busch Stadium, and on KMOX.
Start time is 7:15 p.m.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- VIDEO: Wainwright Hosts Charity Fantasy Football Draft
- SEMO at #24 Missouri Preview
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: DeSmet Coach Pat Mahoney
- Cardinals Activate Jon Jay From 15-Day DL
- Ring Announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr.: ‘If Floyd Underestimates Berto, He Could Be In Trouble’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 31st-September 4th