Biden to Visit Arch Grounds, Highlight CityArchRiver Project Today
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Planning a trip to the Arch today?
You’ll have to navigate around the Vice President.
The Arch is open, but you can’t go up the Grand staircase or walk across at Walnut St. to get there.
Instead, try walking across at Pine St. or going through the parking garage.
Vice President Joe Biden, along with Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell, will visit the Jefferson Expansion National Memorial at 3:30 this afternoon to take a tour and to highlight the CityArchRiver renewal project. Officially, the release says “to discuss the economy and highlight the progress of this future urban park site.”
However, the Archgrounds project is a locally funded affair, with St. Louisans passing a sales tax last year to pay for much of the costs, and private donations solicited as well.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Republicans Call for Ebola Travel Ban
- Expert: Autopsy Doesn’t Show If Michael Brown Went For Officer’s Gun
- Local Hospitals Now Have New, Tougher Ebola Care Guidelines
- Spot Will Cost You: Pet Rents Become Apartment Fad
- Four Unsolved Highway Shootings – One Fatal – Have Police on Guard
- County Council Unanimously Passes Resolution to Speed Up Coldwater Creek Cleanup