ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Planning a trip to the Arch today?
You’ll have to navigate around the Vice President.
The Arch is open, but you can’t go up the Grand staircase or walk across at Walnut St. to get there.
Instead, try walking across at Pine St. or going through the parking garage.
Vice President Joe Biden, along with Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell, will visit the Jefferson Expansion National Memorial at 3:30 this afternoon to take a tour and to highlight the CityArchRiver renewal project. Officially, the release says “to discuss the economy and highlight the progress of this future urban park site.”
However, the Archgrounds project is a locally funded affair, with St. Louisans passing a sales tax last year to pay for much of the costs, and private donations solicited as well.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Could There Be 2 Ferris Wheels in the Works for Downtown STL?
- Prosecutor Wants Photos of Michael Brown’s Body Restricted
- Fort Leonard Wood PowerPoint Slide Listed Hillary Clinton as ‘Insider’ Threat
- ‘Outside In: Paint for Peace’ Exhibit set to Debut Murals from Ferguson Protests
- In Some U.S. Schools, Resistance to Ending Corporal Punishment
- East St. Louis Closes Jail After Sanitation Complaint