Arrest May Prompt Deportation for Missouri Woman
FARMINGTON, Mo. (AP) – When Dow Boyer was caught skimming money from her employer, the crime led to a chain of events that has left the wife and mother battling to stay in the country.
The Daily Journal newspaper in Park Hills, Missouri, reports that Boyer was general manager of CiCi’s Pizza in Farmington, Missouri. She was convicted in December of stealing from the restaurant, sentenced to five years of probation and ordered to repay nearly $51,000.
After the arrest, it was learned that she was in the country illegally she didn’t know it because she arrived in the U.S. from Thailand at a young age after her mother married a military man.
Now, Boyer is jailed, awaiting deportation. An online petition seeks to keep her in the U.S.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Nursing Home Employee Charged with Attempted Rape of Co-Worker
- Pedestrian in Hit-and-Run Accident, Dies
- Police Investigate Bank Robbery at U.S. Bank
- Former Pine Lawn Mayor Pleads Guilty to Extortion Charges
- Two Guns Nabbed From Men In Line For Fair Saint Louis
- Man’s Ear Bitten Off During Eastern Missouri Dispute