Mom Charged After Baby Found Alone in Hotel Room
Get Breaking News First
CASEYVILLE, Ill. (AP) - A southern Illinois woman is charged with child endangerment after police say they found her infant alone in a hotel room on Mother’s Day while she was intoxicated in a hallway.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors charged 35-year-old Jennifer Hawes of Sorento after her arrest Sunday at a hotel in Caseyville.
Police say that officers responding to the hotel manager’s report of a crying baby knocked on Hawes’ room door but got no answer. Investigators say officers found the 10-month-old boy alone in the room and an intoxicated Hawes in the hallway.
The baby was turned over to state child-welfare advocates.
Hawes does not have a listed home telephone number. Online court records don’t show whether she has an attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Sheriff: Illinois Man Charged for Child Porn
- UPDATE: Man Charged in Death of 6-Year-Old Boy
- Attorney: Police ‘Spoon-Fed’ Suspect With Information About Armed Robbery
- Illinois Women Charged with Cooking Meth in Church
- UPDATE: Amber Alert for Missing Three Year Old Canceled
- New State Police Crime Lab Up and Running in Belleville