Mom Charged After Baby Found Alone in Hotel Room
CASEYVILLE, Ill. (AP) – A southern Illinois woman is charged with child endangerment after police say they found her infant alone in a hotel room on Mother’s Day while she was intoxicated in a hallway.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors charged 35-year-old Jennifer Hawes of Sorento after her arrest Sunday at a hotel in Caseyville.
Police say that officers responding to the hotel manager’s report of a crying baby knocked on Hawes’ room door but got no answer. Investigators say officers found the 10-month-old boy alone in the room and an intoxicated Hawes in the hallway.
The baby was turned over to state child-welfare advocates.
Hawes does not have a listed home telephone number. Online court records don’t show whether she has an attorney.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Records it’s 70th Murder This Year
- O’Fallon Parents Get Max for Caging Autistic Son
- Gun Thefts Up in St. Louis 65 Percent Compared to Last Year
- SLPOA President: St. Louis Police are Hesitant from Lack of Support
- Hastert Indictment Offers Few Clues About Alleged Misconduct
- Police Search for Strong-arm Robbery Suspects