ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Ride a bike lately?
Great Rivers Greenway is looking for your thoughts on a bike share system in St. Louis.
Bike-share programs allow you to check a bike out, ride it to your destination, and check it back in at a station there. The programs are especially popular among tourists.
“I have found it an incredible way to get to know the city, unlike when you drive around,” he says. “When you bicycle through neighborhoods, you feel neighborhoods. When you drive through St. Louis, you’re on Highway 40 and you don’t see anything.”
Ward Klein, who was at a meeting last night in Forest Park, says bike-share programs are especially sought out by young professionals—the people St. Louis is trying to attract.
You can tell Great Rivers where you think stations should be, how much the program should cost, and more, at STLbikeshare.org.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Sweetie Pie’s Owner Sues Son Alleging Trademark Infringement
- Huge Turnout For Open House At Ballwin Police HQ
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018
- Blagojevich Won’t Attend Resentencing; to Take Part by Video
- South County Residents Speak Out Against Proposed Apartment Complex
- Former St. Louis Officer Sentenced For Beating Suspect