Humane Society Offers Reward for Information on Dead Puppy
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The Humane Society is offering a $2,500 reward for information on who left a dead puppy and its two live siblings in a dumpster this week.
The Animal Cruelty Task Force Director Mike Perkins says he received a call after movers heard noises coming from a dumpster near an abandoned house in Overland on Tuesday.
“When they looked in there, they saw two puppies that were running loose in the dumpster and then there was another backpack in there that contained the deceased body of a third puppy,” Perkins says.
He adds that when they offer rewards in matters such as this, there are people who will step forward and give them the information that is needed.
The two that survived are at the humane society now. He says they’re about 5-month-old Boxer mix puppies and they will be put up for adoption.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- VIDEO: Police Release Surveillance Footage From Looting In North St. Louis
- Man Arrested, Charged in Shooting Death of Jamyla Bolden
- Medical Examiner: Ball-Bey Suffered Severed Spinal Cord
- Man Poses as Utility Worker, Steals Once Inside Homes
- Creve Coeur Man Among St. Louis’ Latest Murder Victims
- 3-Year-Old Hit by Stray Bullet in St. Louis