ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The Humane Society is offering a $2,500 reward for information on who left a dead puppy and its two live siblings in a dumpster this week.
The Animal Cruelty Task Force Director Mike Perkins says he received a call after movers heard noises coming from a dumpster near an abandoned house in Overland on Tuesday.
“When they looked in there, they saw two puppies that were running loose in the dumpster and then there was another backpack in there that contained the deceased body of a third puppy,” Perkins says.
He adds that when they offer rewards in matters such as this, there are people who will step forward and give them the information that is needed.
The two that survived are at the humane society now. He says they’re about 5-month-old Boxer mix puppies and they will be put up for adoption.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Harsh Anti-Clinton Tweets Posted On University City Account
- VIDEO: Attempted Robbery in Costco Parking Lot
- SABMiller to Recommend AB Inbev Deal Despite Value Shift
- Fire Damages Building on Laclede’s Landing
- World-Wide Event Highlights Importance of Breastfeeding
- Wash U Researchers Find Antibodies That Could Possibly Prevent Zika