CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) – Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- How Much Would it Cost For an Epic Batting Practice Experience at Busch Stadium?
- Larry Rice asks Gov Greitens for Help with Homeless
- Kaldi’s Coffee Opens Citygarden Location
- New Study Raises More Questions About Safety of Energy Drinks
- 18-Year-Old Shot in North County Armed Robbery
- United Raising Limit on Payments to Bumped Flyers to $10,000