Construction to Begin on Danforth Center Expansion
Get Breaking News First
CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) - Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Officers in 22 Local Police Departments Face New Fitness Test
- Presbyterian Church Named in Abuse Lawsuit
- St. Clair County Board to Vote on Medical Marijuana Farm
- Small Voter Turnout Expected for Aug. 5 Primary Election in St. Louis City
- Police: Carjacking Suspect Forced Victim into Trunk
- Boy, 13, Dies in Missouri Dirt Bike Accident