CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) – Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Local Nonprofits Oppose Tax Plan for St. Louis Police
- Police Take Splash City Creep Into Custody
- City Struggles With Trash Pick-Up, Garbage Truck Shortage
- Police To Test “Shot-Spotter” Technology in North County
- Ferguson Making Progress, Justice Department Attorneys Say
- Greitens Backs Ramped-Up Missouri Abortion Bill