Construction to Begin on Danforth Center Expansion
Get Breaking News First
CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) - Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SKF Expanding to NorthPark
- Former Police Chief Speaks on Latest Michael Brown Shooting Information
- Belleville Police Investigate Sexual Assault Allegation
- Union Nurses Give List of Demands Regarding Ebola Care to Administrators
- Battle for Illinois Governor Reaches Presidential Proportions
- Early Voting Kicks Off Today in Illinois