CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) – Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Co. Mother Files Lawsuit Targeting Desegregation Plan
- Holocaust Remembered by St. Louis Families
- Give STL Day Raises $1.6 Million for Local Charities
- Nixon Vetoes Missouri Legislation to Cap School Funding Goal
- University of Missouri Projects Low Freshman Enrollment
- Officials to Police: Girl Restrained to Protect Students