Construction to Begin on Danforth Center Expansion
CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) – Construction is set to begin on a $45 million addition to the Danforth Plant Science Center in suburban St. Louis.
A groundbreaking ceremony was planned for Monday.
The new 79,000-square-foot research facility will include labs that will accommodate advances in robotics and other technological advances. The expansion is expected to house 10 new teams of scientists and create around 100 new jobs.
The center, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, says its mission is to “improve the human condition through plant science.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Homeless Advocate Accused in Lawsuit over Springfield Fire
- Kansas Ends Volatile 2014 with 154 Same-Sex Marriages
- Man’s Body Found in Back Seat of Stopped Car
- 13-Year-Old Boy Accused in Fatal Shooting of Girl, 12
- Slay Pushes Special Court for Violent Offenders
- Study Shows Price Differences For Women Health Procedures