ST. LOUIS (KMOX/AP) – One person is dead and four others hospitalized after three separate stabbings in south St. Louis.
The assaults took place within a five-mile area late Monday and early Tuesday. In the first attack, police say a 31-year-old man was stabbed in the chest by another man during an argument in the 4400 block of Wallace, in the city’s Bevo Mill neighborhood. He was taken to the hospital where he died.
Ninety minutes later, a fight between two women ended with a 29-year-old being sliced in the face. She was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The final attack came during a fight involving five people in which two men and a woman were stabbed. One of the male stabbing victims was also shot in the torso. Police say the three victims are in stable condition.
Police are looking for a woman and two men seen running away from the scene.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Police Search for Suspect in Attempted Pharmacy Robbery
- Thief Breaks Into Coin Machine with Track Hoe in O’Fallon
- Police: Armed Man Tried To Steal Prescription Drugs From Pharmacy
- Police Investigate Bomb Threat at County Justice Center
- Former St. Louis Alderwoman Faces Assault Charges
- Cemetery Vandalism Could Lead To Hate Crime Registry In University City