FESTUS, Mo. (KMOX) – A Festus family who spent the night at a hotel with relatives returned to find their home destroyed by fire this morning.
Fire Chief Chuck Boyer says by the time firefighters got the call to the 500 block of Edgewood, half the home was engulfed in flames.
“A neighbor getting ready to go to work went outside and noticed the fire,” he says. “At that time, it had broken out the window, so it was visible from that side.”
The cause is believed to be accidental. No one was injured.
The home is behind Festus High School.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Sterling K. Brown Stars in Explore St. Louis Campaign
- Police Search for ATM Skimming Suspects
- Marshall Faulk Suspended By NFL Network After Sexual Assault Allegations
- St. Louis Volunteers Bring Hope to Puerto Rico
- Mo. Attorney General Looks into Possible Sunshine Law Violation by Gov. Greitens
- BBB Warns of Tech Support Scams