FESTUS, Mo. (KMOX) – A Festus family who spent the night at a hotel with relatives returned to find their home destroyed by fire this morning.
Fire Chief Chuck Boyer says by the time firefighters got the call to the 500 block of Edgewood, half the home was engulfed in flames.
“A neighbor getting ready to go to work went outside and noticed the fire,” he says. “At that time, it had broken out the window, so it was visible from that side.”
The cause is believed to be accidental. No one was injured.
The home is behind Festus High School.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- BREAKING: Large Fire Forces Evacuation at Missouri S&T
- Congress Cracks Down on ‘Bots’ That Snap Up Concert Tickets
- Mumps Booster Urged Amid University of Missouri Outbreak
- Police Search for Shrewsbury Hit-and-Run Driver
- Blues Will Let Youth Hockey Players Skate On The Winter Classic Ice
- Police To ‘The Hill’ Residents: ‘Stay Alert and Protect Yourself’