FESTUS, Mo. (KMOX) – A Festus family who spent the night at a hotel with relatives returned to find their home destroyed by fire this morning.
Fire Chief Chuck Boyer says by the time firefighters got the call to the 500 block of Edgewood, half the home was engulfed in flames.
“A neighbor getting ready to go to work went outside and noticed the fire,” he says. “At that time, it had broken out the window, so it was visible from that side.”
The cause is believed to be accidental. No one was injured.
The home is behind Festus High School.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Completion Of Coldwater Creek Cleanup Still 10 Years Away
- Man Sentenced For Role in Multi-State Meth Trafficking Ring
- Team Chosen to Review University of Missouri After Turmoil
- STL Cardinals and Catcher Molina to Announce New Fashion Collection
- Illinois Lawmakers Pressing Toward Budget Deal
- Auditor: Pine Lawn Pocketed Money From Traffic Fines Last Year