Charges Filed in Double Homicide in Florissant
Get Breaking News First
FLORISSANT, Mo. (KMOX) - A St. Louis man has been charged in connection with a double homicide in Florissant. 21-year-old Thomas Oates III is charged with two counts of Second Degree Murder and two counts of Armed Criminal Action.
The charges stem from the shooting deaths of a man and woman in the parking lot at Plaza Madrid at New Halls Ferry and Parker.
Police have also identified the victims as 27-year-old Leon Davis and 17-year-old Darrah Lane.
Police say Oates was in the back seat of their vehicle. The three were arguing and Oates pulled out a gun and shot Davis and Lane.
Police caught Oates in the City of Jennings and they say he confessed to the shootings.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Former Police Chief Speaks on Latest Michael Brown Shooting Information
- Belleville Police Investigate Sexual Assault Allegation
- Back-and-Forth at City Hall on St. Louis Police Civilian Review Board
- Two Women Shot While on I-44 in St. Louis
- UPDATED: Brother, Sister Die in Separate Weekend Shootings
- Woman Sexually Assaulted in Belleville