FLORISSANT, Mo. (KMOX) – A St. Louis man has been charged in connection with a double homicide in Florissant. 21-year-old Thomas Oates III is charged with two counts of Second Degree Murder and two counts of Armed Criminal Action.
The charges stem from the shooting deaths of a man and woman in the parking lot at Plaza Madrid at New Halls Ferry and Parker.
Police have also identified the victims as 27-year-old Leon Davis and 17-year-old Darrah Lane.
Police say Oates was in the back seat of their vehicle. The three were arguing and Oates pulled out a gun and shot Davis and Lane.
Police caught Oates in the City of Jennings and they say he confessed to the shootings.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Officer Shot on Duty Calls for More Funding for Police
- Man Convicted of Shooting Officers During Ferguson Protest
- Shootings Overnight in St. Louis Leave 2 Dead, 1 Clinging to Life
- Police Search for Suspects in Go Wireless Store Robbery
- 2 Men Plead Guilty to $2M Armored Car Robbery in St. Louis
- 18-Year-Old Charged in Fatal Shooting of Cab Driver in CWE