Charges Filed in Double Homicide in Florissant
FLORISSANT, Mo. (KMOX) - A St. Louis man has been charged in connection with a double homicide in Florissant. 21-year-old Thomas Oates III is charged with two counts of Second Degree Murder and two counts of Armed Criminal Action.
The charges stem from the shooting deaths of a man and woman in the parking lot at Plaza Madrid at New Halls Ferry and Parker.
Police have also identified the victims as 27-year-old Leon Davis and 17-year-old Darrah Lane.
Police say Oates was in the back seat of their vehicle. The three were arguing and Oates pulled out a gun and shot Davis and Lane.
Police caught Oates in the City of Jennings and they say he confessed to the shootings.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Burglary Suspect Likes Stealing From Store Employees
- Uplands Park Man Attacks, Threatens Police
- VIDEO: Police Seek Help in Chuck E. Cheese Investigation
- Police Chase in Illinois Ends with Crash in St. Louis
- UPDATE: 16th Homicide of the New Year in St. Louis
- Missouri, Kansas Lawmakers Promote Gun Control Bills