ST. LOUIS (AP) – A Missouri state trooper is out of the hospital after being struck by an alleged drunken driver.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 32-year-old Missouri State Highway Patrol Cpl. Jeremy Potocki of Weldon Spring was struck about 8:30 a.m. Sunday on the shoulder of Interstate 55 in south St. Louis County.
Authorities say Potocki was outside his SUV after stopping a car when a Volkswagen Jetta crashed into the back of the SUV. The SUV struck Potocki and the car he had stopped.
Potocki was treated at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and released late Monday night.
The Jetta’s driver, arrested for driving while intoxicated and second-degree assault, was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries. The driver of the car pulled over by the trooper had minor injuries.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 2-Year-Old St. Louis Boy Shot in Arm
- Controversy in Hanley Hills Over Convicted Felon Elected as Trustee
- Two More Swastikas Turn Up in U of Illinois Buildings
- Worker at Lambert Charged with Stealing from Blind Woman
- Fatal Shooting by Missouri Trooper Followed Vehicle Stop
- Slow Progression in CWE Murder Investigation