Trooper Out of Hospital After Being Struck
ST. LOUIS (AP) – A Missouri state trooper is out of the hospital after being struck by an alleged drunken driver.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 32-year-old Missouri State Highway Patrol Cpl. Jeremy Potocki of Weldon Spring was struck about 8:30 a.m. Sunday on the shoulder of Interstate 55 in south St. Louis County.
Authorities say Potocki was outside his SUV after stopping a car when a Volkswagen Jetta crashed into the back of the SUV. The SUV struck Potocki and the car he had stopped.
Potocki was treated at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and released late Monday night.
The Jetta’s driver, arrested for driving while intoxicated and second-degree assault, was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries. The driver of the car pulled over by the trooper had minor injuries.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- UPDATE: St. Louis Man Ends Billboard Stay
- Activists Seek More Reforms, One Year After Ferguson Uproar
- City Falls Hours Short of Week Without Murder
- Night of Crime: Child Wounded, Squad Car Rammed, More
- Illinois State Police Ask for Public’s Help in Finding East St. Louis Murder Suspects
- 2 Bicycle Officers Introduced in St. Louis City