EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (KMOX/AP) – Police continue their hunt for a second suspect who allegedly shot and killed a Madison, Ill. man during a drug-related robbery.
Thirty-seven-year-old Turhan Robinson and 30-year-old Terrence Lee of Jennings, Mo., are charged in Madison County with first-degree murder, attempted murder and armed robbery.
Investigators allege the men shot 43-year-old Kenneth Deal of Venice on May 19 in Madison while trying to rob him of marijuana.
After Deal was dumped from the car, police gave chase through three Illinois suburbs of St. Louis before the pursuit made its way into Missouri. The attempted murder count relates to a shot fired from the suspects’ car at a Madison police officer, who was unharmed.
Lieutenant Mike Nordstrom says Lee is in custody and being held in the St. Louis County Jail.
But the second suspect, Turhan Robinson, is on the run.
Robinson’s last known address is 12421 Pizzaro Drive in North St. Louis County. He should be considered armed and dangerous.
Deal was convicted of murder in 1998 and was paroled in 2009. Nordstrom says Deal did not know his killers, and they have no reason to believe he was involved in any unlawful activity. Deal provided a meals on wheels service to the elderly and handicapped.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Belmar on MetroLink Allegations: It’s All Political
- Police: Man Killed in Shootout Had Threatened to Kill Relative, Co-Workers
- Florissant City Employee Accused of Taking Photos Up Skirts, Stealing Underwear
- VIDEO: ‘Hero’ Citizen Attacks Knife-Wielding Robber at Starbucks
- Police: Suspect Dead After I-55 Carjacking, Pursuit, Standoff
- UPDATE: 10-Year-Old Boy Dies After He Is Shot By Brother, 13