PENSACOLA, Fl. (KMOX) – A disgraced former judge will spend the next two years at a prison facility in Florida.
One-time St. Clair County circuit judge Michael Cook was arrested and charged with possession of heroin and guns last year, shortly after the death of fellow judge Joe Christ.
Christ died of a cocaine overdose during an outing at a hunting lodge with Cook.
Cook has reported to the federal prison in Pensacola, Fl., where he will receive counseling for drug addiction.
Part of the fallout of Cook’s sentencing includes retrials in a pair of murder cases that he presided over while he was under federal investigation.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Wildwood Pledges to Use Prop P for Police
- SLU Studies Look at Possible Life on Other Planets
- Fringefest 2017 Brings New Entertainment to St. Louis
- Wording Determines if Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal Violated Federal Law
- Alpha Particles Found in West Lake Storm Water
- New Grizzly Bear Habitat Opens Next Month at Saint Louis Zoo