Former Judge to Serve Sentence in Florida
Get Breaking News First
PENSACOLA, Fl. (KMOX) - A disgraced former judge will spend the next two years at a prison facility in Florida.
One-time St. Clair County circuit judge Michael Cook was arrested and charged with possession of heroin and guns last year, shortly after the death of fellow judge Joe Christ.
Christ died of a cocaine overdose during an outing at a hunting lodge with Cook.
Cook has reported to the federal prison in Pensacola, Fl., where he will receive counseling for drug addiction.
Part of the fallout of Cook’s sentencing includes retrials in a pair of murder cases that he presided over while he was under federal investigation.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- ‘Plastic Wrap’ Bandit Charged
- Hikers Found Safe in Shawnee National Forest after Search
- McCaskill Confident VA Benefits Package Will Be Finalized Before August Recess
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides to Continue; Will Be Watched More Closely
- McCaskill Introduces Legislation to Reduce Sexual Assaults on College Campuses
- Consul General of Israel to the Midwest Gives Update on Gaza Violence