Rocks Thrown From Festus Overpass Damage Vehicles
Get Breaking News First
FESTUS, Mo. (KMOX) - Festus Police are asking for the public’s help in finding whomever was throwing rocks off an overpass onto I-55 early Sunday morning.
The rocks hit several vehicles passing under the Main Street overpass over a three-minute period at about 3 a.m.
“Two of the vehicles had their windshields broken out, and one rock went through the windshield,” he says. “The other vehicles were hit in the hood or the trunk. There was a considerable amount of damage.”
Chief Tim Lewis says they’re lucky it wasn’t worse.
“If vehicles are traveling 70, 75 mph and someone throws a rock from a 30-foot bridge through the windshield, that could kill somebody,” he says.
Lewis says no one saw anything and there’s no video. He’s hoping someone in a running club may have been in the area around the time.
If you can help identify the culprits, call Festus police.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Rev. Al Sharpton to Arrive in Ferguson for Weekend of Events
- Ferguson Store Owners: Customers ‘Too Scared’ to Bring Business to the Area
- Holder: Sources Leaking Information from Grand Jury Investigation ‘Need to Shut Up’
- McCulloch: ‘No Information or Evidence Has Been Released by the Grand Jury’
- Report: Darren Wilson Expected to be ‘Eased Out’ of Police Department