FESTUS, Mo. (KMOX) – Festus Police are asking for the public’s help in finding whomever was throwing rocks off an overpass onto I-55 early Sunday morning.
The rocks hit several vehicles passing under the Main Street overpass over a three-minute period at about 3 a.m.
“Two of the vehicles had their windshields broken out, and one rock went through the windshield,” he says. “The other vehicles were hit in the hood or the trunk. There was a considerable amount of damage.”
Chief Tim Lewis says they’re lucky it wasn’t worse.
“If vehicles are traveling 70, 75 mph and someone throws a rock from a 30-foot bridge through the windshield, that could kill somebody,” he says.
Lewis says no one saw anything and there’s no video. He’s hoping someone in a running club may have been in the area around the time.
If you can help identify the culprits, call Festus police.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Gov. Greitens Issues Stay of Execution for Marcellus Williams
- UPDATE: Biological Mother Charged in Girl’s Killing
- UPDATED: St. Louis Police Shoot, Kill Man During Confrontation
- Missouri Prepares to Execute Its 2nd Inmate of 2017
- Feds: Texas Man Tried Planting Bomb on Confederate Statue
- St. Louis Police Release Surveillance Photo of Subway Robbery Suspect