VALLEY PARK, Mo. (KMOX) – Former Valley Park Mayor Nathan Grellner is due in court this morning to plead guilty to stealing his estranged wife’s identity to obtain a credit card, and then putting between $500 and $5,000 on that card.
Grellner was expected to plead guilty in February, but changed his mind at the last minute.
Grellner resigned in 2012 after it was revealed that he had been hospitalized for meth and questions were raised about his use of Valley Park’s credit card.
A month earlier, he was charged with DUI, resisting arrest and assaulting an officer after a Byrnes Mill police chase. He has been serving shock probation time in Jefferson County.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Four Shot Dead in Bridgeton Home
- One Man Shot to Death in Moline Acres
- Man Guilty of Killing Wife With Drug-Laced Kool-Aid Mixture
- More Than 2 Dozen Break-Ins on 1 St. Louis County Street
- Fleeing Car Hits House in St. Louis
- VIDEO: Attempted Robbery in Costco Parking Lot