2015 Spirit of St. Louis Air Show Canceled
CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (KMOX) - Officials announced Monday that the Spirit of St. Louis Air Show for 2015 has been canceled.
“We have already made the decision to not hold the event in 2015, but we are strongly considering holding the event in future years,” a Spirit of St. Louis Air Show & STEM Expo Board and Executive Committee spokesman said. “The decision on whether to hold a future air show and STEM Expo will be determined in the coming months based on conversations with our corporate and organizational partners.”
The STEM Expo, ground demonstrations of science, technology, engineering and mathematics, was new this year.
This year’s show, held May 3 and May 4 at the Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield, was marked by large traffic jams.
This year’s event brought an audience of between 125,000 and 175,000, and raised more than $100,000 for veterans and children’s charities across the region, officials said.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- Gov. Quinn Names Comptroller to Replace Topinka
- Prepackaged Caramel Apples Linked to 4 Deaths
- State Rep Calls for Investigation of McCulloch
- UPDATED: Small Town Sued by Mo. Attorney General No-Shows for Traffic Court
- UPDATED: Teen Says She Escaped From Kidnapper in Jennings