ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – A Belleville woman who police say falsely claimed she was battling ovarian cancer to collect money has been charged with two counts of felony theft.
Police say the community rallied around Alissa Jackson, 31, holding several fundraisers for “Alissa’s Army” to support her and her family.
Citizens, who said her stories were contradictory, alerted police.
They investigated and determined Jackson’s claims of terminal cancer were untrue.
Jackson’s bond was set at $100,000.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Another Vacant Building Burns in South St. Louis
- Go-Kart Driver Hurt After Striking St. Louis Police Cruiser
- Original Sweetie Pie’s Broken Into
- Chesterfield Police Search for Man in Abduction Attempt
- Downtown Shooting Over Twenty Buck Bill
- Two Men Go To Ferguson Fire House After Being Shot