ST. LOUIS (AP) – St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night
- Scientists Say It’s Okay to Eat Bugs
- Austin Peterson Adds His Name to Senate Race