St. Louis Water Smells, But Safe to Drink
ST. LOUIS (AP) – St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Pastor Pleas Guilty to Fraud, Wants to Take it Back
- Oregon Shooting Puts Pressure on Missouri’s Mental Health Coalition
- Illinois Panel to Consider 8 Ailments for Medical Marijuana
- New Study Shows Midwest Increases in Painkiller Misuse
- Former Florissant Pastor Charged in Theft of Church Funds
- New NFL Stadium Would Be “National Car Rental Field”