ST. LOUIS (AP) – St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- MoDOT to Close All Lanes WB I-44 Downtown This Weekend
- Judge OKs $11.2M Settlement for Hacked Ashley Madison Users
- Illinois County Board Committee Supports Tablets for Jail
- Activists Protest at St. Louis Medium Security Jail
- DFS, Mother Dispute Causes Standoff at Home on Page
- Top STL Officers’ Assoc. Official: Union Will Not Back Sales Tax Increase