ST. LOUIS (AP) – St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Local College Rejects Request To Allow Students To Carry Guns on Campus
- You Still Have Time To Vote Absentee Ballot in St. Louis
- Teen in Critical Condition After Being Shot in The Head
- Dennis Hastert’s Prison Release Date Pushed Back
- St. Louis Appoints First-Ever Resilience Officer
- Prostate Cancer Cases Increase Within a Decade