ST. LOUIS (AP) – St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Utility Company Pushes Back Against Carbon Rules
- Missouri Senate Debates Repealing Death Penalty
- Missouri Taxi Companies Say Proposals Too Easy on Uber, Lyft
- St. Louis Police Arrest Two People for Separate Homicides
- Report: Police Program Helped Man who Prostituted Teen
- DOJ Agreement Could Cost Ferguson $3.7 Million in First Year