St. Louis Water Smells, But Safe to Drink
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis leaders say the water is safe to drink, despite complaints by some residents about the taste and smell.
About half of the water customers in the city are experiencing the problem. Public utilities director Curt Skouby says something occurred during the water disinfecting process, possibly at the Chain of Rocks treatment plant.
Skouby says the water is not contaminated, and it is fine to drink. He says the process was to be fixed by Wednesday, though it may take a day or two before it makes its way through the water distribution system.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Searching for Robbery Suspect
- Family Violence Unit Sees Repeat Offenders, Victims of Domestic Violence
- Inmate Escapes State Prison in Vandalia
- Competition to Increase Number of Women-Led Start-Ups Gets Underway in St. Louis
- Teen Goes Home After Near-Death Taser Experience
- 9 Cars Damaged in Blaze at Maryville University